Aging at HomeServing the boroughs of Aldan, Collingdale, Colwyn, Darby, East Lansdowne, Glenolden, Lansdowne, Ridley Park, Morton, Norwood, Prospect Park, Ridley Township, Ridley Park, Rutledge, and Yeadon.
Exceptions outside of the footprint are made for Friendship and Schoolhouse active center members.
- Are you 60 years of age or older and a resident of the Delaware County communities of Greater Lansdowne or Ridley
- Do you need assistance with chore services and home-repair referrals to continue maintaining your home?
- Do you need a volunteer to provide door-through-door transportation to the doctor or grocery market?
- Do you need individual technical assistance with electronic devices or help placing an online grocey order?
- Would you like a referral to connect with a local business to provide a fair and vetted price. Aging at Home partners with trustworthy businesses in the area.
What is Aging at Home?Through Aging at Home, Senior Community Services assists seniors with helping them live independently, reducing the stress of home maintenance as you age in place.
- Chore Assistance - Yard Work, Snow Removal, and more
- Volunteer Handyman Services - Small home repairs, hanging items, and more
- Transportation - A door-through-door service providing transportation for as little as $5
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Information and Referral Services - helping you solve problems, connect to eligible benefits, and more
- Connections with Partners - connecting members with local businesses who want to help older adults stay healthy, maintaintheir homes, and remain independent!
or you can click here to download a copy
Become a member of Aging at Home - It's an easy and inexpensive way to gain peace of mind of knowing that you have support so you can remain living in your own home!
Complete the Membership Application. Applications are available at both Friendship and Schoolhouse centers or you can click here to download a copy to complete and return by mail to Christine Rae Helmandollar; Aging at Home; Friendship Circle Senior Center; 1515 Lansdowne Avenue, Darby, PA 19023.
Membership is $35 per year. Include check or money order with your application and mail or drop off at either of the centers. Once your application is received, you will receive a 2019 coupon book that describes your Aging at Home benefits, along with an annual membership card. Active members of Friendship Circle or Schoolhouse Center receive a $5 discount, reducing the cost of Aging at Home membership to $30.)
Click HERE to download a copy of the partner enrollment form. Complete the form and return it by mail to Christine Rae Helmandollar; Aging at Home; Friendship Circle Senior Center; 1515 Lansdowne Avenue, Darby, PA 19023.
You can also complete the online membership form and pay for your membership.
Contact Aging at Home:Phone: 484-534-2201
Friendship Circle Senior Center
1515 Lansdowne Avenue
Darby, PA 19023
600 Swarthmore Avenue
Folsom, PA 19033
- Volunteer Driver
- Volunteer Handyman
- Administrative Volunteer
- Volunteer Shopping Coach
- Group Volunteer Project Days (Student Groups, Boys Scouts/Girl Scouts, Athletic Groups, Church & Businesses)
For more information, call Christine Helmandollar, Program Director at 484-534-2201 or Michele O'Brien, Volunteer Director at 484-496-2149.
Make a contribution over the phoneContact Aging at Home staff to make a contribution over the telephone (Visa and MasterCard are accepted) or to inquire about planned giving or gifts of stocks.
Mail your contribution to:
Aging at Home
Senior Community Services
1515 Lansdowne Avenue
Darby, PA 19023
East Campus of Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital