A Support Service for Caregivers of Older Adults and Adults with Disabilities
As a caregiver, you play an essential role in assuring the well-being of your aging loved one. To help you shoulder your responsibility, SCS offers compassionate, individualized support through three programs:
When SCS created the Caregiver Academy seven years ago, it was the first program of its kind in the country to provide caregivers with resources to improve their skills and bolster their confidence in caregiving. By providing onsite respite care for care receivers, the Caregiver Academy provides caregivers with peace of mind that makes it possible for them to get the greatest possible benefit from the knowledgeable speakers and content experts that program director Diana Twisler engages as guest lecturers.
The 2021 Caregiver Academy will take place virtually via ZOOM teleconferences every other Thursday from 4:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M., beginning April 8, 2021 and continuing through June 18, 2020. Dates, topics and presenters are listed below:
- April 8, 2021 – Keeping Informed Regarding Medicare by Glenda Radical, MNS, BS
- April 22, 2021 – Planning for the Future by Dana Breslin
- May 6, 2021 – Difficult Conversations Related to Dementia by Barbara Jones, MSW
- May 20, 2021 – Stress Relief for Caregivers by Barry Jacobs, Psy.D
- June 3, 2021 – Caregiver Depression: Taking Care of Yourself by Sharon White, MSS, LCSW
- June 17, 2021 – Juggling Work, Life and Caregiving by Trindy Grundy, LMSW
Register today by contacting Diana Twisler, Caregiver Support Program Director, at 484.540-4373 or email@example.com
This public program provides financial reimbursement (for caregiving supplies, support services, and home adaptations), resources, and caregiving counseling. This program is paid for by state and federal dollars for those who qualify. For more information on the Caregiver Support Program, please contact Diana Twisler at (484) 540 0372 or visit https://scsdelco.org/programs/family-caregiver.shtml
Senior Community Services (SCS) is an Associate Member of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.